TIPi Group is a rapidly growing network of individual, specialist agencies with an award-winning culture and the ultimate vow that passion beats scale.
Over the last 8 years, TIPi Group has grown to three agencies, three locations and over 60 people. The three agencies are ROAST (traditional performance digital media), Kitty (website design and development), and Rabbit & Pork (voice experience).
We all work towards one goal of building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive environment of passionate individuals who are not only encouraged to fulfil their true potential but also thoroughly enjoy their time doing so. We are incredibly proud of what we have built and we are excited to welcome others to the team and add to our diverse culture. This mindset transfers across our London, Soho HQ Office to our newly opened Cape Town and Bristol offices.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, personable, and strong Account Director to join our growing Client Services team. The candidate will be keen to learn, want to strive for success and is curious to interrogate and ask challenging questions. Proactivity, willingness to learn and a positive attitude are necessary for this role. We are looking for a competent communicator, who can influence and drive positive change within the agency and across our clients. The Account Director will inspire and motivate delivery teams and our clients alike.
Reporting to a Group Account Director, the Account Director will be responsible for the management, growth and retention of multi-channel, high revenue accounts. This exciting role involves not only building solid client relationships and managing revenue for selected accounts, but also executing your digital knowledge and management skills with the support of the deliverable team.
With existing experience and the ability to develop teams internally, a core output of the role will be to manage daily client communication, operations, and prioritisation of deliverables to the highest standard. This includes setting both client and internal expectations against scopes, whilst always ensuring business objectives are considered when presenting back or planning Digital opportunities.
The AD role is expected to lead and undertake key Client Servicing responsibilities, including, and not limited to, contractual conversations internally and externally and ensuring the flow of client revenue is consistent with their portfolio target.
Whilst managing your clients, there will be the need to upskill across the agency’s wider business & marketing services. This will be carried out alongside your Client Servicing team to ensure development is standardised.
Group Account Director
- Management of your own AD ‘pod’ and team of Account Managers and Account Executives, setting clear expectations when it comes to quality of service the agency delivers for clients
- Supporting day to day operations to ensure continual high levels of communication with clients
- Responsibility for assessing capacity across the client team, assisting with prioritisation between clients and managing cover in conjunction with the Heads of Disciplines
- Provide strategic direction/recommendations to ensure campaigns meet and exceed KPIs
- Overseeing and signing off campaign planning from brief stage onwards
- Ensure integration and consistency of message across different digital disciplines at TIPi Group and the client’s other digital agencies
- Ensure the integration of TIPi group’s activities into the wider marketing mix and other agency relationships clients may have
- Responsibility for all finance processes, including internal forecasting and reconciliations
- Responsibility for client fees, hours, changes to contract, contract renewals and scope of work opportunities
- Responsibility for client pod retention and growth which includes maintaining a stable revenue stream across client portfolios and helping identify opportunities to involve other departments.
- Play a crucial role in the preparation and delivery of pitch work for new opportunities
- Develop marketing materials to help promote and grow the agency and our clients
- Attend marketing events to speak to prospecting clients
We are looking for an enthusiastic and confident individual with the ability to interact well with people on a personal and professional level who will thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working within the marketing industry
- Proven track record of delivering growth through advertising campaigns
- Preferably a strong background in Performance Marketing across SEM (PPC & SEO), Paid Social or Display
- Proven knowledge of digital marketing, including the knowledge of wider marketing mix theory
- Ability to autonomously identify opportunities, generate ideas and formulate Digital strategies.
- Excellent communication, organisation, and presentation skills alongside a mathematical and analytical mind. Proven experience in forecasting, pitching and commercial input is desirable.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills are needed, including an elevated level of English grammar along with high attention to detail.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills which must include Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- A record of accomplishment in strong leadership skills and relationship management, both internal and external with direct client contacts.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to empathise with the stress and concerns of the client’s day-to-day jobs
- Proven track record of working to deadlines and time management skills
- Proven willingness to learn or contribute outside of specialist experience
- Proven record of developing teams and or colleagues
Working at TIPi Group
Location: Soho, London W1
Holidays: 25 days, increasing with length of service, plus Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve off; optional company trip (this year’s is to Alicante!)
- Hybrid working (upon probation completion)
- Additional 10 days ‘work from anywhere in the world’
- Discounted wellbeing classes / membership
- Active company social life organised by a staff committee
- Team sports such as softball, netball, bowling
- Opportunity for involvement in CSR and charity initiatives
- Cycle, electric car and tech purchase savings
- Training, including supplier sessions (e.g. Google), industry bodies (e.g. IAB), external trainers
- Opportunities to learn about other digital marketing disciplines
Our hybrid-working model allows you some variety on your place of work, offering you the chance to work from home on some days each week, where possible. You will be expected to attend the office in line with our company policy. All staff liaise closely with their line manager to manage their time appropriately and according to their work and team requirements.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
At TIPi Group, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status.
If you have a disability we would be happy to discuss reasonable adjustments to the job with you.
Please note that we will only accept applications from candidates who are legally entitled to work in the United Kingdom.