ROAST is the original agency under the TIPi Group network of specialist agencies. We are a full-service digital agency with a focus on transforming clients’ fortunes through insightful consumer understanding.
The culture at ROAST is reflective of TIPi Group, where team growth and progression is at the forefront of our minds. Providing opportunities across various disciplines including Paid Media, SEO, Insights, Analytics and more, our team are encouraged to discover their passions. We wholly support this through regular training and new opportunities encouraging consistent learning and development.
We have been fortunate enough to create this working environment through being passionate about our people at the heart of everything we do, whilst collaboratively working together to craft our culture. We abide by the ultimate vow that passion beats scale.
The Head of Biddable is a market-leading expert with established expertise in developing both client accounts and their own team’s capabilities. This role requires an understanding of the way in which channels interact and complement one another, as well as the technical capabilities to execute high-performance campaigns.
The Head of Biddable directly contributes to the overall direction, development and scope of the ROAST offering. Responsibilities include Paid Search, Shopping, YouTube, GDN, Amazon AMS and Paid Social.
Campaign Strategy & Management
- To work closely with clients to ensure a full understanding of their business, digital needs and priorities
- To work closely with the Managing Director to ensure all accounts have a performance and development strategy
- To work closely with Client Services and the Managing Director to ensure all accounts have a commercial strategy
- To work closely with suppliers to ensure that the team are constantly at the forefront of industry developments and, when suitable, we are trialing these new tactics for our clients
- Ensure all activity meets or exceeds the clients’ performance expectations
- To oversee all client budgets in line with strategy and ensure that monthly spend is on target
Delivery & Line Management
- Direct line management of members of the PPC department to ensure that work is delivered to an exceptional standard, on target and on time (shared with Client Services via Pods)
- Training and development of junior team members to ensure that they are performing at the high standard expected by ROAST and our clients
- Quality control of work conducted by junior members of the team
- Escalation point for any issues with members of the department
- To work across a range of tasks to further the scale, capabilities and quality of the ROAST offering, including:
- Best practice documentation and processes
- Recruitment and resourcing
- Training plans and delivery of soft skill and technical training
- Media supplier relationships
- Technology and automation
- Full scope of product development for your channels
- Market research to ensure your department is developing ahead of our competitors and in line with industry change. This includes building relationships with peers at other agencies or
- Integration of wider ROAST approaches and strategy into your services
- Identifying and developing new approaches, partner relationships and technology to further develop your services
- Work with other departmental leads to collaboratively develop the overall ROAST proposition
- Work directly with the New Business team to assess commercial validity of inbound leads
- Capacity planning for potential new clients to ensure we have the required resource and expertise to fully service per contracts
- Work directly with the New Business team to create highest quality responses to RFIs, RFPs and pitch requirements
- Delegation and monitoring of relevant tasks to junior team members in preparation for the above
- Work with the Head of Paid Media and other HODs to produce multi-channel strategies and responses to lead requirements
- Production of templated assets for all stages of the new business process
- Calculation of projections and commercial models to ensure new clients are profitable and targets attainable
- Lead PPC-only pitches with the New Business team
- Attend and present pitches as required
Experience & Skills
We would like to see 6+ years of PPC and biddable experience – expertise preferably to be weighted towards Paid Search, with a proven track record of:
- Exceptional levels of numeracy and ability to analyse complex data sets
- Development of PPC team at all levels
- Line management across a variety of experience levels
- Driving high levels of account performance
- Successfully responding to new business briefs, pitching and onboarding new client accounts
- Experience of speaking at and contributing to industry events
- Ability to create client development plans and performance strategies
Working at TIPi Group
Location: Soho, W1
Holidays: 25 days, increasing with length of service, plus Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve off; optional company trip (last year’s was to Alicante!)
- Hybrid working (upon probation completion)
- Additional 10 days ‘work from anywhere in the world’
- Discounted wellbeing classes / membership
- Discounted massages
- Active company social life organised by a staff committee
- Team sports such as softball and football
- Lots of opportunity for involvement in CSR and charity initiatives
- Training, including supplier sessions (e.g. Google), industry bodies (e.g. IAB), external trainers
- Opportunities to learn about other digital marketing disciplines
Our hybrid-working model allows you some variety on your place of work, offering you the chance to work from home where possible. You will be expected to attend the office in line with our company policy. All staff liaise closely with their line manager to manage their time appropriately and according to their work and team requirements.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
At TIPi Group, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status.
If you have a disability we would be happy to discuss reasonable adjustments to the job with you.
Please note that we will only accept applications from candidates who are legally entitled to work in the United Kingdom.
Please beware of scams online or from individuals claiming to represent us. A TIPi / ROAST employee will never solicit candidates through a non-TIPi email address or phone number / WhatsApp. Please refuse any request that asks you to provide payment to participate in the hiring process.