*no recruiters please*
*Please note that we will only accept applications from candidates who are legally entitled to work in Cape Town, South Africa.*
A bit about ROAST – Part of TIPi Group
The TIPi Group is a UK award-winning, specialist network built on performance and profitability (Pi). With an ambition of shaping the future together, we house teams of professionals into different areas of expertise but always operate with shared values at our core. We work towards one common goal and purpose.
Our aim is to transform the fortunes of those we work with. We are continually seizing opportunities and pioneering the way, collaboratively. As one tribe. With the aim of building a strong network of like-minded people, we have created an environment in which individuals are encouraged to fulfil their true potential.
Over the last five years, TIPi Group has grown to four agencies and 60 people. The four agencies are ROAST (traditional performance digital media), Kitty (website design and development), Rabbit & Pork (voice experience) and The Market (flexible digital performance media).
Each agency within The TIPi Group operates with the same values at their core: collaboration and authenticity, driven by restless minds and a clear purpose. It’s important to us that we work with individuals and clients who embody these principles. The people who we work with are energetic and ambitious, with a shared entrepreneurial spirit.
We know that to be truly ‘specialist’ in your craft, you need to remain nimble and progressive. We stay one step ahead of the continual digital evolution and shape the future of that landscape. Through our network, we can create specialist teams to handle our clients’ business challenges, delivering authentic integration and impactful, award-winning results on every level.
ROAST is the original agency in the network. At ROAST, we are lucky enough to enjoy a friendly, collaborative and hardworking atmosphere. As a start-up, we are all very much part of making ROAST a success as a team, as well as sharing and celebrating our individual achievements. We’re incredibly proud of the company culture we have built here at the entire Group; a culture that has been recognised for many awards, including being named one of The Times Top 100 Small Companies to Work 2019 & 2020, and 2019 Digital Agency of the Year by The Drum . We’ve been fortunate enough to create this working environment by being passionate about putting our people at the heart of everything we do, whilst working collaboratively, to craft our culture together.
The Role: Technical SEO Account Executive
We’re looking for candidates who know a little about SEO already, but are excited to get trained by an industry-leading team on best-in-class SEO!
Reporting into the SEO Account Manager, responsibilities could include:
- Weekly and monthly reporting and data analysis
- Finding insights and opportunities
- Conducting keyphrase research
- Contributing to technical audits
- Content editing & optimisation
- Code writing for websites
- Attending weekly client meetings & presentations
- Attending weekly internal team & company meetings
- Acting as a representative of the company at external events
We don’t expect you to know everything on day one, but we really want to see:
- A desire to learn
- Fluent in English, with a good writing ability
- A basic understanding of what SEO is
- An analytical and curious mind, with an interest in mystery solving
- 1-2 years experience in SEO
- Experience with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint (or equivalent software e.g. Google Slides)
- Understanding of HTML and code
- SEO knowledge or experience
- An additional language
Working at TIPi Group
Location: This role is both home and office-based; our office is based in Workshop 17, on Cape Towns V&A Waterfront
Holidays: 21 days, plus national holidays, and Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve off
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted wellbeing membership
- Active company social life
- Events supporting a nominated charity each year
- Bi-Annual appraisals
- Company mentor scheme
- Supplier sessions (e.g. Google)
- Industry bodies (e.g. IAB)
- External trainers
- Opportunities to learn about other digital disciplines
- Internal, peer to peer
We are an equal opportunities employer.