During the COVID-19 pandemic, strict measures have been put in place to encourage people to keep their distance from one another in order to slow down the spread of the disease.
Unfortunately, not all are adhering to these restrictions, and these people are putting lives at risk. As a result, Health secretary Matt Hancock warned that all outdoor exercise could be banned if people do not follow the rules in place.
With no budget and speed being of the essence, the agency collective effectively delivered the creative campaign in a matter of days. ‘Run Right’ was devised and produced by Creative agency Pablo in less than 24 hours. Media agency Electric Glue quickly secured support in numerous media outlets, most notably through support on TV with Sky and Out of Home with JCDecaux. The Market were responsible for amplifying the campaign digitally.
With the knowledge that people had been spending considerably more time on social media since the start of the pandemic, we identified that the best way to get the campaign heard and ‘known’ amongst the running community online was via organic social outreach. The Market launched an Instagram page for Run Right to begin a targeted outreach strategy; focusing on influencers that have an interest in fitness, had a relevant following and who would be willing to share the Run Right message. The KPIs were simple: maximum reach and awareness.
Over the course of just three days we had a fantastic response with a reach of over two million on Instagram alone. Key influencers that shared the campaign on their own social profiles as a result of our outreach are:
- Harry Redknapp – Football Manager, Pundit
- Sally Gunnell – Olympic, European, World & Commonwealth Gold Medallist
- Dame Kelly Holmes – Double Olympic Champion
- Natasha Hamilton – ex Atomic Kitten and Health & Wellness ambassador
- Nell McAndrew – former Glamour model and fitness influencer
- Ben Kay – Rugby World Cup Winner
- That Sport Spice (Amy Christophers) – Sports Presenter
- Gurlaine Kaur – Eastenders Actress & keen runner
- Rhiannon Bailey – Fitness Influencer
- Little Miss Notting Hill – Lifestyle Influencer
- Deliciously Stella – Comedian
- Wellness Ed – Digital Editor of Women’s Health Magazine
- Amy Williams – Olympic Skeleton Champion
- Runners World – Fitness magazine
Run Right was also featured heavily in one of the top 2 Arsenal blogs – Le Grove, which gets 700k+ traffic a month.
Since launch, the campaign has been shared by many running communities online – from reposting the Run Right creative, to many UGC posts of ‘Running Right’ using the #RunRight hashtag creating a buzz online and improved awareness for Running Right during the pandemic.
At time of writing, the UK Government has not been forced to follow the lead of other major European countries in banning outdoor exercise, and we hope that with our encouragement the majority of parks will stay open and the UK population will continue to find joy in exercising responsibly.