The future of Google Analytics with GA4
Universal Analytics (GA3) has stopped collected data as of 1 July 2023 for most and July 2024 for those using GA360. Its successor, Google Analytics 4, offers businesses more control and flexibility in the collection and assessment of their Analytics data than ever before, which promises the ability to dig deeper into the data and take meaningful, results-impacting business actions from the insights.
There is a lot of change and improvement that comes with Google Analytics 4. At the heart of GA4 is a completely different data model from Universal Analytics, which results in different data and means that data from Universal Analytics cannot be ported into GA4. There are also different routes to reporting that take some getting used to.
ROAST can help you understand the changes which come with Google Analytics 4. Whether you need to get to grips with how to leverage the full power of Google Analytics 4, modernise your data collection or enhance your analysis capabilities, we can help.
Notable Features of Google Analytics 4
- Custom control over journey funnel reports with elapsed time between actions
- Multiple modes of identity resolution
- Data driven attribution is set the default model with the ability to adjust between models easily
- Google signals aims to fill the data gap left because of ecosystem and privacy changes
- Expanded platform linking that was previously limited to GA360 users
How Can ROAST Assist?
At ROAST we can support you with GA4, whether the need is simply to get the basics in place or as complex as expanding existing setup to take full advantage of all the GA4 has to offer and putting that data to work. Speak with us about how we can support your unique business challenges and data needs.
Implementation Complexity Levels
- Getting Started: Getting the basics in place with a fundamental GA4 implementation.
- Enrichment: Enhancing the breadth and richness of data captured by your GA4 property.
- Making Connections: Integrating GA4 data with media platforms and business systems.
- Full Turbo: Activation and testing based on GA4 data.